Friday, October 19, 2018

Wanderlust

So the main reason I chose to take British Literature is because I am obsessed with all things British. Even though I have never been to England it is at the top of my bucket list to go visit. I love to learn but not in the school way. I think people learn through experiences more than reading from a textbook. Though I have read, researched, and watched many documentaries about England I think the best way to learn is being immersed in their culture. I find their culture fascinating, their life is so different than us Americans. From pubs being older than the United States itself to having the a queen who has been on the throne for sixty-six years England is fascinating to me. So here is my bucket list for when I get to visit England.
  1. Ride the London Eye
  2. Go see Big Ben
  3. Go see the Windsor Castle
  4. Go see Buckingham Palace (I really love architecture)
  5. Visit St. Paul’s Cathedral
  6. Walk over the Tower Bridge
  7. Visit Stonehenge
  8. Go to Hyde Park
  9. Go to Westminster Abbey
  10. Go to the National Gallery (I am obsessed with art work)
  11. Notting Hill
  12. Shop at Primark
  13. Eat at Nandos
  14. Try and learn to like hot tea
  15. Go see the graffiti at North Laine (I really enjoy tasteful graffiti. I know this sounds like an oxymoron)
  16. Eat at Bill’s in Brighton
  17. Try a traditional English breakfast
  18. Try fish and chips
  19. The Old Bank of England (it is a pub)
  20. Find a place to sit and watch locals and the hustle and bustle of the streets in central London.
There is so much more I want to do when I go to England. Of course I want to do tourist things to see all the sights.I think all the castles in the country are amazing because the architecture. I love seeing all the intricate details because it is so creative. I think seeing Stonehenge will be amazing because it is prehistoric art. Hyde park is a must because it is the largest of the eight Royal parks in England. Shop at Primark and eat at Nandos has nothing to do with culture hahaha just always here people talking about the store online so I want to check it out. I can not wait to see their graffiti. I think that in the proper place and the proper art, graffiti is one of the most interesting types of art. There are no boundaries and that is why I love it.I also want to see what it is like to live like they live. I want to see the way they interact with each other. I like to people watch. Lol that sounds super creepy. I mean this in the non creepiest way possible. I think I will spend a day just relaxing at a pub or a coffee shop just taking in the surroundings and seeing their day-to-day life. Is it possible to go on vacation for a month? I feel like I might not want to leave once I get there!!
Image result for michael scott celebrating gif
mood when I finally get to visit

-Savanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Monarchy Tradition

Recently in the summer of 2018, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, married Meghan Markle, a mixed American. This event changed the history of ma...