Friday, October 19, 2018

Adele

When I think of art and literature I think of music. A lot of people forget that music is literature. Music is my favorite type of literature. I believe that music is extremely impactful and for me it reaches home more than a book does. When thinking of famous british musical artists I think of Adele. I know you are probably thinking you uncultured swine!!! Not The Beatles??? Do not get me wrong I love the Beatles but Adele is more my generation. Her music is so deep and she really does not care about what people think. She is who she is. Adele was born in London. Her father left her family at a young age, and I think that plays a part in her music. The first song she released was Hometown Glory. This song is one of my favorites, she wrote this song at the age of sixteen. Originally I fell in love with this song because of the lyrics. “I’m just wondering around my hometown memories are fresh” is one line that resonates with me. I moved away from home when I came to college and this line is reflects exactly how I feel. It is kinda like yes this is my hometown but the feeling is not quite the same since I moved away. When I travel home the memories are fresh as if I just left, but also it is not the same. This song was eventually released on her first album, 19. This album took England by storm and was number one on the charts. The album 19 is my favorite by Adele. Her songs are sad but meaningful. I was twelve years old blaring Chasing Pavements and Hometown Glory like I understood what they meant. It was not until I was in high school that I really understood what the songs meant. While I was in high school Adele released her iconic album 21. All her songs on the album were inspired by her previous break up with her boyfriend. I love this album so much; as you listen you can feel how hurt she is in her lyrics. You can tell in some songs just how much she was hurt. Someone Like You, Don’t You Remember, and Turning Tables are all deep. In these writings, you can tell she was experiencing a hurt that she had never felt before. For this reason this album is powerful. I think her music is like an open window to her feelings and her music is so raw giving me another reason to love her music. Recently Adele released her latest album, 25. Adele said that this album was kind of a “makeup” album unlike her last album 21 which was a breakup album. I personally already love a few songs off  this album. The songs are more upbeat than her previous two albums. I think that Adele’s music easily relatable. I can not wait for her next album. I think that she has grown so much as an artist since her first album. 
Image result for adele gif
This is me dancing when Adele comes on



 -Savanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Monarchy Tradition

Recently in the summer of 2018, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, married Meghan Markle, a mixed American. This event changed the history of ma...