Friday, December 7, 2018

The Queen

The British monarchy is the most iconic monarchy in the world. This monarchy began during in the early 1000's.  Back then the monarchy had power. In modern times the monarchy is really more of a face of the country. The current figure head, Queen Elizabeth II is the longest ruling monarch in British history. Personally, I love the Queen. Even though she is more of a figurehead of the the United Kingdom. I would never want to live under a Monarchy because I like the freedom I have in the United States. But, I think the history behind the monarchy is extremely cool. In fact the Queen Elizabeth II was not a close prospect for the throne. She did not grow up in the spot light like her son Charles and his family has. It was not until her uncle relinquished his right to the throne that she became a prospect. This is when Queen Elizabeth II's father, King George VI, took the throne. At the time Queen Elizabeth II was only twenty five when she took the throne. Which I personally think is crazy because I am not too far from twenty five and there is no way I could rule a country right now. I can barely decide what I want to eat for dinner much less make decisions that affect a whole country. She does not only rule England but sixteen Commonwealth Realms. Like honestly girl power.  The Queen has been on the throne for sixty five years this year. She surpassed the previous longest holder Queen Victoria who sat on the throne for sixty three years. One thing I really love about the Queen is her clothes. Queen Elizabeth II is always dressed in bright colored suits, lots of pearls, and avant-garde hats. I think she wears such bright colors to make her stand out among the other Royals. I mean she is the Queen she should stand out. Whoever is her stylist has to put a lot of effort into picked the hats because the color always match her outfit perfectly. I read somewhere a few months ago that a trick the Queen swears by is having weights sewn into all of her clothes so they do not fly up when there is a breeze. Which I think that is actually really smart. She is stopping any Royal mishap from happening. Another thing I really love about her style is her jewels. The Queen owns all the the historic collections of jewels. I love all the crowns, and necklaces she has. I think that it is really neat that Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, the Queen's granddaughter-in-law has been photographed wearing some the Queen's iconic jewelry. I think it shows that the Queen accepts her in the family. I mean I would not just share the Royal Crown Jewels with anyone. I think that not only the monarchy has impacted the world but Queen Elizabeth II has left her impact. She has ruled her country for over sixty years and I think she has done a great job. You know what they say, "All Hail the Queen!"



-Savanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breaking Monarchy Tradition

Recently in the summer of 2018, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, married Meghan Markle, a mixed American. This event changed the history of ma...